"Wisdom comes from allowing what GOD teaches to guide us."

Monday, May 17, 2010

"The Doors on the Car go Lock, Unlock"

As we arrived home yesterday afternoon from church and I take Alivia inside with me, Jason's in the car getting Addison out. After unbuckling her, I hear..."No, I want to stay in the car." "Ok, fine, you stay in the car then," says daddy and comes inside.

As soon as Jason's foot hits the threshold, I hear the horn honk - notifying us that the doors have been locked. I looked up at Jason and said, "Please tell me you have the keys in your pocket." I got "the look" that said it all. Yep - no keys - they're still in the ignition.

Because my 2 year old locked herself in our car, for approx 10 minutes, I was completely entertained listening to daddy trying to walk her through/teach her how to unlock the doors.

"Ok, now bring your hand up a little higher, and push that button. No, the button by your left hand. Almost...that's the window button, the button that's a little higher. Ya, that one. Now push it. Way off....that's the windshield wipers, come over to the left a little...Now push it. Whoops, that's the side mirror adjustments (as if she knows what these are). The button right there, you see it?...."

After the 10 minutes, daddy finally coaxed her into removing the keys from the ignition and passing them through the open sunroof. Thank goodness they were open!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! (Sorry...as I'm laughing...) Hope that didn't happen at Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you have an extra set of keys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. Very funny.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I can just picture it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie WettsteinMay 17, 2010 at 12:36 PM

    bahahahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandi Schultz-DarrMay 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM

    i did that at daycare one day... but my daughter was 3 at the time.. she did pretty good took direction well while mommy was FREAKING OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lezlee Leman, Jaron Schlipf, Julie Schlipf, & Heidi Hartter all liked this comment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just picture that...sorry, but I'm laughing!

    ReplyDelete