Addison has been going on the big girl potty off and on - when it's been her idea. Has to be her idea! So with no consistency, I have not gotten my hopes up. However, I started to get a little excited as it appeared on Sunday we turned a corner and went on the big girl potty a couple different times.
We did the potty dance, got a treat - you know all the crazy stuff that comes with potty training a kid. Anyhoo, the treat was talked about all day. So on Monday I thought - we better hit this potty training thing hard. So when the "moment" came to when I could tell she needed to go, this is how it went...
Me: "Addy, lets hurry up and go on the big girl potty. Come on. Hurry - lets run upstairs so you can go. I'll race ya...on your mark, get set....."
Addison contemplated for a few moments and then very seriously said: "No, I poo poo in my dauper. I no want a treat" and walked away.
Apparently I need to find the "good stuff" because our current treats just aren't cutting it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



totally feeling your pain here. Bailey is doing the same thing.
ReplyDeleteoh..... :) Sorry I had to laugh at this.:) You guys are in trouble with this one.:)
ReplyDeleteAri was the SAME way! There was no matter of bribing that could make her sit on the potty. Once she realized it was up to HER to use the potty, she took it on her terms. But, once it clicked it was so easy from that point on, even without bribes. Good luck! Potty training is the ultimate lesson in patience :)
ReplyDeleteIt's a process!:)
ReplyDelete:D Hang in there! I was never the Queen of Potty Training and it still eventually all happened!!!
ReplyDeleteOh that's so cute! I totally know how you feel. It will get better!
ReplyDelete